Translate

Monday, March 2, 2015

Milagro - Setting Goals

Hola everyone, this is Hermana Johnson reporting live from Milagro, Guayas, Ecuador! Basically, hello and I'm sorry I haven't really written anything in like two weeks concerning what's going on around here. Getting on to that right now, keep reading. So, about two weeks ago, I was just about sleeping when the zone leaders called our phone in Duran at like 11:30-12:00 in the night, to tell me I had transfers. Usually they call everyone at around this hour for transfers, but I wasn't really expecting it, so it was a bit disappointing for me. But they changed me to Milagro, where I am now serving with Hermana Mamani from Bolivia.
These past few weeks have been a little bit interesting, because Hermana Mamani is a bit trunky with only two months left, and she's also missing her anterior companion a LOT. They were both from Bolivia, and had a lot in common so they were kind of best friends due to that. Pray for her to feel better please! But that's not stopping us from teaching! This week, we have a goal to meet 70 new people, and to share the truth with everyone! We've been teaching a woman named Angelica and her family the gospel recently, as well as a woman named Monica. Angelica recently got baptised, and we're trying to help her strengthen her testimony! She's getting along well and we are really proud of how far she's come! Oh and SCORE I found US candy in Ecuador and I'm so pumped!!!! Snickers and skittles! It's really really hard to find anything from the states here! But I like Ecuador a lot! Oh and today we went to another investigator's farm! Her name is Isaura, and we went as a zone! It was fun because we ate chuzo (sausages with steak that tastes like beef jerky after it's cooked)! We saw weird bugs and harvested some native fruits of Ecuador! I got to wear a helmet because the fruit was all falling from like 20-50 feet up! And I also ate cacao beans but had to spit them out because they were "maljicho" which basically means not ready to eat and they tasted awful. Basically, that's all that's been happening this week. I still need to get to know the sector more, but I know Heavenly Father put me here for a reason, and that He knows exactly what He's doing! All I have to do is trust in Him and do what He asks me! I know this is going to be great! Love you all and always pray for you guys! You're the best, and I love you!!! Hermana Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment