Translate

Monday, January 26, 2015

Answering Sarah's Questions

Hello, Sarah! Hello everyone! 1) The ward we attend is about 400 people big, but only about 150 assist every Sunday, sometimes less. We're working on that, and I'm very excited to bring everyone back! 2) Oh man, the favorite person I've taught... This really isn't a question that any person can answer really! I love all the people I've taught, here and gone. I miss the ones in Samanes 1, but everyone here is so nice, they are all amazing people with different challenges and different quirks and personalities. Right now we're teaching to Bryan still and Romina, but Bryan more.
I love them both so much and I want them to be able to have all the blessings they can possibly get. Bryan's family, though, is one of the most amazing families I've met. His mom, Ibis, has gone through SO much, and we're having a bit of dificulties, but she's getting there. Her husband, and Bryan's stepdad, Yiovani, believes in God, but doesn't trust in men, so doesn't believe the Bible and the Book of Mormon are the words of God, told through His prophets. We're working on that, and also we have to get them married. Bryan's sister, Odalis, really wants to be baptized and is dating a member. She has so much faith, her mom too. Michael, Bryan's brother, is really interested in family history. And the other sister, I don't know her name, but her husband's parents are members and she is really interested in the other scriptures that God has revealed to the world to help us get back to him, The Book Of Mormon. And his littlest sister Sasha really wants to know about her Heavenly Father. They all love us, and Ibis has such a great testimony already, and Odalis too, but no one can get baptized if Yiovani and Ibis aren't married if they are under the age 18, because they need their parents to support them. We are the very first missionaries of any type they've accepted. And some of the only people who aren't in their family who they've let in their house. The only others allowed in their house are the people who rent their house below them. So this is kind of a huge mile stone, and it's so amazing how lovely they are and I love them so much!!!! I'm so excited for them, the really are special. 3) There's few youth in the ward, about 20, because almost all of them are less active. But they all play soccer on Tuesdays and we have several ward activities every few months. But they do have mutual and institute classes. 4) Well, I don't even know how many moles long our sector is because they use metros here, but maybe it's about 3 or 5 miles long? We walk all around it every single day, and in all the places, so probably we get in at least that much each day, seeing as we are teaching lots of people spaced out through the whole entire area. I really have no idea... I'll ask! 5) James 3:15 6) They are really lovely and fun and quirky people who have helped me so much here in the mission. I love them a lot! They have such amazing spirit, and speak with the Holy Ghost powerfully. I would be lost without them. 7) Yoga, stuff you'd do for PE, sometimes jogging if I want to make my companion happy. 8) NOPE. Can you believe that that'll change to 7 months on the 2nd of February? 9) All of them have been with Hermana Purnell, who sadly left today. I have a new companion, another Honduranian, who just came in from Milagro. I don't know how to take her yet. She's 3 months in so I'm la compaƱera mayor, por la primera vez. But yeah, I think the funniest thing was when Hna Purnell BURNED WATER. SHE DIDN'T EVEN PUT ANYTHING IN IT, SHE JUST STARTED HEATING IT UP TO MAKE NOODLES OR TEA OR SOMETHING AND SHE BURNED IT. LIKE HOW DO YOU DO THAT? It was super weird but hilarious! Miss you too, and love you lots! Until next time! Love you!!!! So much!!! Love, Hermana Avalon Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment