Translate

Monday, November 10, 2014

About Ecuador

We have lunch with them members every day, and so that would be my favorite meal, although I do love eating my fruits at the house. Gapin Goucho is my favorite meal here, with cheese and egg and pasta soup. It´s amazing, there´s sausages and potatoe bread (homemade) on the side, with a bunch of rice and salad. A perfectly fried egg sits on top of the rice. I love it! The soup is a cheese broth with bowtie pasta, choclo (a type of big corn), cheese, and potatoes and saffron and I forgot the word. But they´re great! The ward is about 200 people, and It´s very nice, full of kind people who hardly ever have references. We speak english in the english class, as well as to practice with people. Other times, it´s a cat call from men who can only speak Hello and How are you. As companions, Hna. Purnell (Canada) and I only speak spanish, although we are both native english speakers. I only speak spanish in the house to practice with the new companion and new missionary, Hna. Robelledo (Chile), of the other sister, Hna Ocon (North CA). I love singing anything in Spanish. It´s amazing! And a lot prettier sometimes. But the people here are extremely tone deaf, so I stand out a lot. But it´s nice to hear them all singing praise to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. No, we haven´t done any service projects. It doesn´t work like that here. But we help the members with their stuff sometimes! The homes all have tile, with two comfy chairs and a couch, paintings, walls of different bold colors, and trinkets and pottery the people here like. It´s about the same in every home. I haven´t really had a best experience yet, other than walking around getting skinny and dropping about 15 pounds. I´ll get back to you on that. Hna. Purnell is from Alberta, Canada and is very clean and a bit bossy. She and I both like things done our way, and neither of us really gives in. We´re working on it, finding how we fit together as companions, after all, it´s only been a week. She´s really pretty with eyelashes that are gigantic, and is kind to everyone she meets. She´s creative, and likes fun little things, and parables. She doesn´t like to be hugged much, she´s not a touchy person. She´s the last child of 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment